- The role supports the R&D Manager and assists in product development and production scale up along with daily execution of R&D related lab activities.
- Evaluates current and alternative food ingredients, create product recipe and conduct sensory evaluation of new food products to ensure to meet customer needs and requirements.
- Participates on cross functional teams to ensure effective resolution of technical issues and support product innovation.
- Provides periodical assistance to Production and QA team.
• 75% - Conducts product development (from ingredient sourcing to launching of product in the market)
• 10% - Conducts analytical testing of products to develop QC spec parameters
• 10% - Supports cross functional team, sensory evaluation, and reformulation of current products. Assists in problem solving/root cause investigations related to production problems.
• 5% - Other duties as required.
External Job Qualifications:
• While performing the duties of this job, the R&D executive must perform computer keyboarding for data entry on a regular basis.
• Must be able to follow instructions; can work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work beyond 8 hour shifts and take calls after hours and during weekends.
• At least 3 years work experience in food manufacturing as R&D/QC/Production operation.
• Experience in bakery, snack foods, beverage or pharmaceutical business is a plus.
• Basic to moderate knowledge of good manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP).
• Can understand and communicate in English.