To support the R&D Manager and assists in product development and production scale up along with daily execution of R&D related lab activities.
The Brand Origins is a part of City Venture which is a partner, company builder and investor in innovative and dynamic projects and companies with a mission to uplift and empower the people of Myanmar. We have formulated a unique 5-stage development cycle that allows us to come up with our own ideas and/or partner with others to support their ideas all within the support and networks of City Holdings Ltd.
• 60% - Conduct product development
• 15% - Conducts daily analytical testing of products to develop QC spec parameters
• 15% - Supports cross functional team, sensory evaluation, and reformulation of current products. Agent for continuous improvement, drives results and assist problem solving/root cause investigations of production problems.
• 10% - Other duties as required.
External Job Qualifications:
• While performing the duties of this job, the R&D executive must perform computer keyboarding for data entry on a regular basis.
• Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work 8 hour shifts and take calls after hours and during weekends.
• Graduate of Food Science/Technology, Chemistry, or related field with knowledge in business development.
• At least 4+ years of R&D/QC and/or manufacturing experience, particularly in snack foods, beverage, bakery, or pharmaceutical business.
• Familiarity with laboratory procedures & equipment: pH-meter, Refractive Index, and Sensory & Shelf-Life testing.
• Moderate to advance scientific and food technology knowledge.
• Pilot plant equipment experience.
• Basic to moderate knowledge of food regulations with specific emphasis on nutritional labeling, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs).